BETA Build 3117 :: July 7, 2003
- Improved: Images delivered via server-side scripts can now be detected and downloaded using PictureRipper. PictureRipper assigns a pseudo-random file name to such images, since they have no filenames or remote server hides them.
- Improved: PictureRipper consumes less CPU power to display status of the running threads.
- Few minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.
- Improved: Reviewed HELP file.
More Features To Come Soon! Please send your thoughts and ideas!
Latest EXE file date: January 1, 1970 - DOWNLOAD NOW!
BETA Build 3116 :: June 20, 2003
- Bug fix: Memory leak and access violation error introduced in 3115 has been eliminated.
- Improved: Cosmetic updates to the project tree view and small compatibility change to the crawler engine.
- Added: Per user request, number of successfully downloaded images is displayed on the status bar.
- Added: Per user request, if size of downloaded file is equal to zero, then the file is deleted and the target media link is considered as "Failed", i.e. there is NO entry is added to the History file. This allows you to run the project later so PictureRipper could try to download this file again.
BETA Build 3115 :: June 18, 2003
- Improved: Resolved issue with timeouts
Since the release of BETA 3114 I got quite enough reports that files were partly downloaded due to timeout errors. I sincere hope that this not an issue anymore. Although, some servers may use "bandwidth/connection limit" server add-on's. This might result in timeouts and connections being reset. Please report any URL that loads fine in browser and timeouts with PictureRipper.
- Improved: PictureRipper stops running threads noticeable faster than before.
- Improved: New Site Type icons in project options dialog.
Optimized site types have a small colored banner. Site types that works best with dynamic sites have a gear label as well. Hope you like these icons more.
BETA Build 3114 :: June 15, 2003
- Improved: PictureRipper takes less time to terminate or stop running threads and also should resolve issue with "freezing" while stopping active threads.
If PictureRipper encounters "dead" server it has to wait until system-wide timeout triggers. I have undertook some counter measures to prevent "freezing" and it works pretty fast (3-5 seconds) on Win2K and WinXP systems, while Win98-based systems may take up to 30 seconds to close/reset blocked connections.
- Improved: If closed by user, PictureRipper quits noticeable faster than before.
BETA Build 3113 :: June 12, 2003
- Added: 3 New Site Types
The first type of site is similar to the "Picture Site" type, but it accepts more links for processing. The only condition is that link must point to the content inside the site.
- Follow The Inner Links Only
- Follow Outer Links Only
- Follow All Links
The second type is opposite to the first one and is similar to the TGP site type, but it also allows more links to be added to the queue if they point to any other server, but not the start one.
The third site type is mix of the above two types. This is the type that will accept any link. So, please use it with care and only if other site types did not help.
- Bug fix: Sometimes password or username might be truncated.
- Bug fix: PictureRipper might crash if encountered very long URL (longer than 1 Kbyte - 1024 chars)
BETA Build 3112 :: June 8, 2003
- Improved: Rewritten algorithm for the "Limit number of connections per server" feature
The further testing of the feature introduced in 3111 has shown that the performance of some site types was not acceptable. I have rewritten the half of the code to make it work flawlessly in most of the cases.
- Added: Site title and type displayed in the title of the Project Options Dialog - added by user request
BETA Build 3111 :: June 7, 2003
- Added: Limit number of connections per server in Program Options (F12)
This is very cool feature. If you use PictureRipper to download images from TGP sites, then you may limit number of threads downloading from one server at a time. This is good both for the user and the remote server. The remote server is not bogged down and your bandwidth is used at maximum capacity. Before this feature became available, PictureRipper could make up to 50 fetcher and 50 crawler thread connections and if server was slow, then all 100 threads were doing almost nothing. Now, if PictureRipper encounters slow site it will dedicate only a given number of threads to that slow server and will use other threads to continue ripping from other sites in the queue.
- Bug fix: a compatibility bug fix: PictureRipper could silently quit (crash) if user was pressing stop and start buttons quickly several times in a row.
BETA Build 3110 :: June 6, 2003
- Improved: Thread Polling function.
This should resolve issue when threads sometimes stay idle while there are links in the queue.
- Improved: Increased HTML parser speed and stability
PictureRipper has got its HTML parser optimized for speed and now it is more stable.
- Bug fix: a small bug fix has been applied to the Project Tree pane.
BETA Build 3109 :: June 3, 2003
- Added: Support for AVS sites (age verification sites)
AVS Sites can be ripped by using "Picture Site" types. You do not need to provide your AVS login and password, but you need to authenticate yourself at the target site (using web browser) and then copy and paste the member's area address (URL) into PictureRipper project.
- Improved: small (very small) change to the crawler engine to better parse media files embedded into web pages
- Bug fix: Small bug fix to New Project Dialog - link depth value was set to zero if there was a website address on the clipboard (Thank you, Dave!)
BETA Build 3108 :: June 2, 2003
- Added: Custom File Types
Now PictureRipper is able to download virtually any imaginable file types. Download MP3s, ZIPs, EXEs, PDFs, etc.
- Added: Number of connection retries and connection timeout values are accessible via Program Option dialog (F12)
- Improved: Added shortcut to start a slide show - F5.
- Bug fix: thumbnail list pane was not rearranging thumbnails automatically - the bug was introduced in 3106 - now it's fixed.
- Bug fix: it was impossible to select only Custom File Type check box in project options. This bug was overlooked in 3107 that was released an hour ago. ;)
BETA Build 3106 :: May 31, 2003
- Improved: Compatibility with older Windows versions (Win 9x/ME)
- Improved: Few usability enhancements applied to the Project Tree
- Added: Ability to save default project settings
- Improved: Few usability enhancements applied to the Project Options Dialog
- Added: The toggle for "Don't overwrite existing files" option
- Bug fix: The Thread List pane behaved unexpectedly sometimes
BETA Build 3105 :: May 30, 2003
- Added: Pause button and image info for the Folder Slide Show feature
- Added: During the crawling process, PictureRipper will not overwrite file if it already exists and has the same size.
- Improved thread status reporting - now PictureRipper provides more details about the thread activity
- Couple of bug fixes.
BETA Build 3104 :: May 24, 2003
- Added: Folder Slide Show
Right-click on the folder in the folder tree and select "Play A Slide Show" menu item at the very bottom of the context menu. Select your desired delay and press start to watch the show. PictureRipper will show all the images in the folder recursively! Watching downloaded pictures cannot be any easier than that!
Press SPACE and BACKSPACE (or arrow keys) to see next or previous image. Double click on the image to toggle full screen mode ON/OFF. To adjust the delay value press "-" or "+" on the num pad.
- Improved: Width of columns in the thread list pane is saved between session. You can adjust it according to your taste. The width of columns will be the same when you start PictureRipper next time.
BETA Build 3103 :: May 23, 2003
- Tweaked: TGP(CJ) site type was tweaked to handle more script-driven TGPs.
I need your feedback about media to links ratio in your queue. This tweak should increase number of links accepted for analyze so it might require more time before you see fetcher threads doing anything. you even may increase number of crawlers and decrease number of fetcher threads to make it work faster.
- Improved: Completely redrawn image toolbar buttons to support Win98 based Windows versions.
- Bug fix: PictureRipper crashed if encountered badly written HTML code. If there was no closing anchor tag at the end of the HTML code.
- Bug fix to the keyword search feature: link text was not used if project was set to "Picture Site" or "Dynamic Picture Site" type.
BETA Build 3102 :: May 20, 2003
- Added: "Visit Website" feature - you may check box "Save Internet Shortcuts" in project options and PictureRipper will add a shortcut to every created folder with images and movies. You may find corresponding context menu item in the thumbnail list pane, if the shortcut file exists in the folder. This is useful if you want to see the advertisements or check how well PictureRipper ripped that gallery.
- Changed: keyword filter behavior (works for level 0 only for TGPs, and for all levels with Picture sites)
- Improved: link title text extraction
- Improved: tool tips in the project option dialog stay on much longer (60 seconds). let me know if it is still not enough.
- Bug fix: default path was not saved
- Bug fix: history file was not saved if user pressed "stop" button
BETA Build 3101 :: May 19, 2003
- New Project Tree
- New location of project files: My Documents\PictureRipper\Projects
- Now categories are mapped to folders - you can easily manage your projects using windows explorer. Move, copy, rearrange, archive, delete or rename!
- Pressing F2 on selected tree item allows to rename it - easy!
- Auto Sync feature can be turned ON/OFF. If it is OFF then clicking on project will no result in a folder tree being expanded to a project's "Save files to" location
- Above feature can be temporarily overridden by pressing SHIFT key while selecting a project
- To see main project setting without need to open project's setting, just point on it with mouse cursor while holding down CTRL key
- Enhanced context menu
- Window Layout
- Window layout is saved between sessions - no need to rearrange them all over again
- More convenient behavior of some sizer bars
- Crawler Engine
- New keyword search feature: now you may use logical expressions to construct very complex filters. For example:
!(illeg|lolit|besti|zoo) & (movie & (blond|teen|action))
The above filter will ignore (!) any url that has "illeg" or (|) "lolit", or "besti", or "zoo" and will allow only those links that have any combination of a word "movie" and one or more of the words "blond", "teen" or "action"
- Keyword search is applied to the URL and the LINK TITLE as well!
For example: a filter rule "May 19" will analyze only links that have "May 19" - excellent for some sites that put current date in the links (http://thehun.net)
- No Duplicate Files: very useful feature for TGPers.. Just enable it in project settings and PictureRipper will not download the same file twice. The project that has got some history of downloaded links will be labeled with small "H" in white square. To delete history, use corresponding menu item in the context menu.
- PAUSE/SAVE/RESUME - if you want to pause your project, you may press corresponding button on the toolbar and if you want to save the queue press "Save" button on the toolbar. Later, when you select the paused project, the icon with folder will allow you to load the queue and continue crawling.