Folder/Project Management

Anonymous

06-09-2003 17:37:57

I would like to see two improvements before I purchase this product.

1) I would like to be able to save all the images from a single project in one folder only. Now I get back multi folders at several different levels. Very distracting. (look at how Express WebPictures handles this.

2)Picture Ripper has a superior thumbs viewer. And a superior folder finder. I would like to be able to access any folder with images on the computer and use the thumbnail viewer without having to go to slideshow.

This is a great program that needs a couple of tweaks.

Need a forum available for product imporvement tweaks.

Thanks Don

Russ

06-09-2003 17:47:50

Hi there!

I would like to see two improvements before I purchase this product.

1) I would like to be able to save all the images from a single project in one folder only. Now I get back multi folders at several different levels. Very distracting. (look at how Express WebPictures handles this.
[/quote29yftdib]

If I understand you right, then all you need is to adjust "Gallery Folder names"- simply select "Put all images in one folder" option )

2)Picture Ripper has a superior thumbs viewer. And a superior folder finder. I would like to be able to access any folder with images on the computer and use the thumbnail viewer without having to go to slideshow.
[/quote29yftdib]

you can access and view contents of any folder with PR. just select top level item in the Folder view and descend to the folder you like.

Need a forum available for product imporvement tweaks.
[/quote29yftdib]
there is one already - click here[/url29yftdib]!

[quote="loonsonbella@aol.com"29yftdib]
Thanks Don[/quote29yftdib]

You're welcome! )

drcritter

08-09-2003 23:07:30

as for putting all pics in one folder maybe he is requesting an auto re-name for duplicates??? where you append a [1] or [2] to the end of duplicate file names? that would be the reason I never use the all 2 one folder feature myself but then I also prefer the recreate folder structure anyway since it tends to organize gallery's better.

Russ

08-09-2003 23:44:47

"Put all images in one folder " option does append random number to the filename 8)

urr

10-09-2003 06:16:00

"Put all images in one folder " option does append random number to the filename 8)[/quote1x1mfq7z]

Ok, but why - this answers the Q I just posted btw - )

Currently the site I am ripping is a pain in the ass the way it;s laid out, so I feed it each url for a multi page gallery and it's a hassle to have it in folders named by each url - imho.

Is there any way to turn of the randon number generator?

My other option is to allow it to name the folders and copy all the files back out to the root -- but that's an extra step and I am lazy(aren't all developers)

Thanks

drcritter

10-09-2003 23:38:34

OOPS sorry-- oops I thought I tried it way back with 3.0 and it didn't, I must be mistaken !