problem with 4.54

Super.Skirv

22-05-2009 20:42:02

I realize its just been released but, projects which I could previously run for 12-16 hours before they completed, now crash in about 10 seconds. Not sure what the problem is, I remember having similar issues a while back however those would take an hour or so before crashing.

Error message says
Error Access violation at 0x7D4F2DBE (tried to read from 0x035F3E64), program terminated.

I couldn't find a crash log. If there is one let me know where, and i will post.

Crash620

24-05-2009 02:03:49

Getting Faults w/ Vista Ultimate all the time. Here are 2 of the logs

Faulting application PictureRipper4.exe, version 4.5.4.0, time stamp 0x4a158ce1, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 7.0.6001.18226, time stamp 0x49acb49d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00048c58, process id 0x1ffc, application start time 0x01c9dbf17c00833e.

Faulting application PictureRipper4.exe, version 4.5.4.0, time stamp 0x4a158ce1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x30003d00, process id 0x18a8, application start time 0x01c9dbf41982b153.
Fault bucket 581342651, type 5
Event Name BEX
Response None
Cab Id 0

Problem signature
P1 PictureRipper4.exe
P2 4.5.4.0
P3 4a158ce1
P4 StackHash_cbf4
P5 0.0.0.0
P6 00000000
P7 30003d00
P8 c0000005
P9 00000008
P10

I have had this same problem with all previous versions. Havent been able to sucessfully use program since purchasing (

tratzum

28-05-2009 17:34:14

I get the same erros everytime I use this program. With the new version it is even worse. I used to get a little bit through a task in the past. Now it runs for mere secounds

Super.Skirv

17-06-2009 02:17:01

I'm still getting the near immediate crashes when starting a job, I no longer have the install for 4.52 and was wondering if someone could give it to me as its the last working one I had. A couple of crashes barely made it 2 seconds, the rest crash in under a minute. I dont know what the problem is I'm running winXP pro fully updated. And it worked fine prior to 4.54.

Zaire

09-08-2009 02:52:50

I fixed a similar problem in Windows 7 by not only running as admin but also running in compatibility mode for XP SP3. It also turns out I had some bad RAM, but the sectors were rarely used so it only crashed when high-use programs needed ABSOLUTES in higher sectors. Try what I did, and run some RAM tests as well (for peace of mind).

Russ

20-08-2009 19:05:14

Guys,

please check out the latest build (4600 as we speak). I was able to reproduce the crashes on my boxes and the new build works much better now.

Crash620

23-08-2009 23:02:52

Works great now!!! Thanks Russ..... Now if I could figure out the best way to download my favorite site D

Russ

24-08-2009 00:09:35

What is the site? I am preparing new build and a post explaining how to download pics from Imagefap.

Zaire

25-08-2009 11:21:39

My faith in you has been restored. I'm still running Windows 7 64 bit, projects seem to run a helluva lot longer before errors, so whatever you did is helping on that angle, as well. Keep it up. If you can make it run flawless on Windows 7 x64 in the future, I'd be willing to shell out another $50. I bought version 3 (extremely pleased), I bought version 4 (somewhat pleased), and I'll buy version 5 so long as it actually WORKS! Let me know when you've got a stable version for 64 bit, and I'll even give you specific issues with it to fix for other potential customers.

Super.Skirv

26-08-2009 04:07:35

The 4.6.x version seems much more stable than previous 4.5.x, however I'm still getting random crashes once in awhile. I read somewhere that it might be hardware/memory related? Previously I could run the program for about 60 seconds on average before it crashed, but I found out a weird trick to make it run for almost an hour on average before crashing. I downloaded a program called MemTest, and while that is running PR4 doesn't crash as much. I'm not sure why though. Memtest never reports a problem with my memory, though one day I need to do a complete memory scan with out windows running, takes to damn long though... My only guess, if its a memory problem, is that I have physically 4gb of ram, but running 32bit WinXpPro sees only 3.25. Would that cause any issues with the program?

Also noticed the new logic to get 'key file types' first is interesting but annoying for websites that keep images on a second domain. I'm not sure how it acts with single domains might be the similar. My project is set up max of 3 connections, 2 connect per domain, so I dont get connection rejections. It crawls the first domain till it gets into the main image directory, then queues up the first image in each album, then eventually all pages in each album. It takes it awhile to get to the images but when it does it throws the last image it finds into the the first thing to download. But it finds the images way faster than it can download them, so it get image1 starts downloading then finds images 2-5, finishes downloading image1, starts on image5, then finds the a new album image3 and starts on that. Skipping most of the first albums images, well knot really skipping but might as well be. It wouldn't bother me so terribly if I knew the project was gonna complete, but 95% of the time its going to crash and lose every painful bit of its progress. Then I'm stuck sorting these images trying to figure out which albums actually completed and which ones got "interrupted." I normally start the project in the album I want anyway but it inevitably finds the main directory link after it gets the images I wanted, which is ok by me since it gets things I would eventually would get anyway.

Edit Happens less frequently, but still happens. Its not a huge deal. Just thought you should know. Might happen more when the sever is bogged down, and I get the slower speeds on file transfers.

I also had one project complete 106% it had processed more link than it had discovered. I ment to try to save the data from that but forgot, and started another one. Not really horriable bug, but funny.

Russ

26-08-2009 20:24:45

Do I get you right, guys? You like the idea of two separate kinds of threads (image downloaders, and page scanners) that was used in PR3?

Russ

26-08-2009 20:43:42

My only guess, if its a memory problem, is that I have physically 4gb of ram, but running 32bit WinXpPro sees only 3.25. Would that cause any issues with the program?
[/quote1ip86k98]
I suspect the license protection envelope is the root of all those memory problems (except those bugs that I left there oops ).
What if I would send you the build with most relaxed protection settings?

Also noticed the new logic to get 'key file types' first is interesting but annoying for websites that keep images on a second domain. I'm not sure how it acts with single domains might be the similar. My project is set up max of 3 connections, 2 connect per domain, so I dont get connection rejections. It crawls the first domain till it gets into the main image directory, then queues up the first image in each album, then eventually all pages in each album. It takes it awhile to get to the images but when it does it throws the last image it finds into the the first thing to download. But it finds the images way faster than it can download them, so it get image1 starts downloading then finds images 2-5, finishes downloading image1, starts on image5, then finds the a new album image3 and starts on that. Skipping most of the first albums images, well knot really skipping but might as well be.
[/quote1ip86k98]
well, I guess, if there were two separate queues, one for pages, and another one for images, then the problem you describe would get away. The images in the media queue would have been downloaded by a predefined set of image download threads in a first-in-first-served manner. The only drawback here is that you cannot always tell that the URL is pointing to image, so you have to make an attempt to download the URL and analyse the returned data. Picture Ripper 4 judges the file's type by its first chunk and the server response HTTP headers. So, at the time of adding link to queue, Picture Ripper has to guess the media type by looking at the URL and it cannot tell with 100% certainty that this URL should be placed to eiher media queue or pages queue.

It wouldn't bother me so terribly if I knew the project was gonna complete, but 95% of the time its going to crash and lose every painful bit of its progress. Then I'm stuck sorting these images trying to figure out which albums actually completed and which ones got "interrupted." I normally start the project in the album I want anyway but it inevitably finds the main directory link after it gets the images I wanted, which is ok by me since it gets things I would eventually would get anyway.[/quote1ip86k98]
I am looking for the way to save the queue, say, after every 100th link added. So, if PR dies in process, you have a chance to start off the last saved state.

I also had one project complete 106% it had processed more link than it had discovered. I ment to try to save the data from that but forgot, and started another one. Not really horriable bug, but funny.[/quote1ip86k98]

This kind of funny math could happen in case the link was failing for 5 times and was readded back to the very end of the queue for yet another retry. So it's been discovered once, processed several times. Anyway, this is still a bug. lol

Thank you.

Super.Skirv

27-08-2009 05:27:12

That would be awesome, I really love this software. I hope you continue to support it for years to come!

Also Forum Bug In this reply post it has options below. One says "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)." However, in my User Control panel it says "You are not authorised to define a signature." P Not to be nit picky just letting you know. mrgreen

Edit Cool, got sig's now.