4.6.0.3 crashes access violation

DesB

06-11-2009 18:00:45

Picture Ripper seems like really good software, I purchased it not long after I installed the trial.
But, I am getting access violation error crashes between a few seconds and 20 mins into a project, every time.
I am running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, 4gig of ram (new)
I have run mem tests on my ram and it all comes back ok.
I've tried running in compatability mode + admin.
I uninstalled and reinstalled.
I really can only think it is a bug, which looking on the forum it seems to have suffered with in past releases.
I'm a bit concerned that the last posts were Aug 09, is no-one else having this problem with V4.6 ?

Any advice on this problem would be much appreciated.

Great software, just need it to not crash!

I'm off to find out how to access the Private Forum, cheers.

Russ

11-11-2009 20:05:50

Hi,

can you please describe what kind of access violation error you get? What does the error window say? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

DesB

11-11-2009 20:40:20

Hi,

I get similar errors as Super.Skirv was getting with version 4.54
Similar to this

(from Super.Skirvvs post)
Error message says
Error Access violation at 0x7D4F2DBE (tried to read from 0x035F3E64), program terminated.

Apart from the Hex (I presume it's Hex) number being different, it is the same error.
I'm no an expert but I think it is refering to memory locations, and have noticed that sometimes it is trying to read from 0x00000000, but also other values as well.

I've run the Win7 compatibility troubleshooter and it recommended XP SP2 & Admin.
Running under these recommended settings Picture Ripper does run for longer before falling over, up to an hour sometimes.

Thanks,
Hope this helps.

VRTrooper

18-01-2010 19:26:58

I am getting similar errors.

Error Access violation at 0x__________ (tried to read from 0x__________), program terminated.

I've attempted a number of setting changes, unsuccessfully.
I am currently using the evaluation version of PictureRipper4.
These errors have occurred consistently since I started using PR4.

I am very hesitant to purchase a license for PR4, unless I find a solution to this problem.
Other than that, I find the software is powerful and flexible.
It could use a URL extraction feature. (this could also greatly assist as a bandaid for this crashing error)

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, 3GB ram.

Hope a solution isn't far away.

Zaire

07-02-2010 00:30:25

Same error, within a minute of program load.

at 0x004221D (tried ot write to 0xC210B2DD

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
8GB Ram
AMD Quad 2.3

jeffrodesiac

08-02-2010 08:06:09

Hi, I'm getting the same sort of thing

Error Access Violation 0x3DAC78E3 (tried to read from 0x6D756377), program terminated.

This happens almost every time I use 4.6.0.3.

One of the only times it hasn't happened was just now. I limited the search to a "current domain", which in essence was a single directory full of pics. I've tried that a couple times now and seem to be having better luck.

-Jeff

Russ

08-02-2010 20:39:07

Same error, within a minute of program load.

at 0x004221D (tried ot write to 0xC210B2DD

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
8GB Ram
AMD Quad 2.3[/quote3flccd25]

I am sorry, but 64 bit is not supported, although it work fine some some ppl.

Russ

08-02-2010 20:40:12

Hi, I'm getting the same sort of thing

Error Access Violation 0x3DAC78E3 (tried to read from 0x6D756377), program terminated.

This happens almost every time I use 4.6.0.3.

One of the only times it hasn't happened was just now. I limited the search to a "current domain", which in essence was a single directory full of pics. I've tried that a couple times now and seem to be having better luck.

-Jeff[/quotemlkcj7tx]

Jeff, can you please send me the URL of the site via P.M.?

Russ

08-02-2010 20:42:02

I am getting similar errors.

Error Access violation at 0x__________ (tried to read from 0x__________), program terminated.

I've attempted a number of setting changes, unsuccessfully.
I am currently using the evaluation version of PictureRipper4.
These errors have occurred consistently since I started using PR4.

I am very hesitant to purchase a license for PR4, unless I find a solution to this problem.
Other than that, I find the software is powerful and flexible.
It could use a URL extraction feature. (this could also greatly assist as a bandaid for this crashing error)

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit, 3GB ram.

Hope a solution isn't far away.[/quote34ce0byv]

Please, send the URL (or the project file itself), if possible, to me via the PM feature of the forum. Thanks